Hi friends! A few times throughout the year, Madewell puts a TON of items on sale and I always pick up a couple of things for the school year. Madewell can be a pretty spendy place to shop, so I only buy when I can find a good deal! What surprised me about this year’s sale is that there is a TON of great denim included! My FAVORITE jeans of all time are from Madewell, and I’ve had some pairs for 3 years now. They still look good as new! Their denim holds you in, and makes you feel confident with the body you’ve got. It’s magical, I swear (and worth every penny)! Today I’m going to try on my picks from the Madewell sale, and give you a few tips for saving money there!
Oh yeah, the code to save an ADDITIONAL 30% off is GIANT !
I’m going to try on each piece for ya, and then you can click below each look for a direct link to the items! At the end of this post I’ll share my money saving tips! Sound good? Let’s go!
I LOVE this look! I’d totally wear this for just about any occasion. If I wanted to make it more casual, I’d put on my trusty Birkenstocks and run out of the house! The top is so high quality and I love the single rip in the knee of the jeans. Shop this look below!
Okay I’m calling this outfit 1.5 because REALLY all I did was throw on this sweater. I saw this back in the winter, but couldn’t justify the price. Now it’s an additional 50% off!!! It’s the perfect weight for teaching. I know I wouldn’t sweat in it after teaching the same lesson 4 times, you know what I mean!
Shop This Look
I LOVE this outfit. Mostly because I’ve never had a pair of white jeans I’ve truly felt comfortable in. I feel like white jeans expose EVERYTHING but these are in my closet to stay! The straight leg doesn’t make them look too tight, and the high waist (and magic pockets!) hold you in. I saw a reviewer say that her faith was restored in white denim, and I completely agree! I would definitely wear this to teach in. My top was another Madewell find from last year’s clearance sale, but I linked a similar one for this year! Also the dress version is a part of the sale!
Shop This Look
I love the chevron embroidered detail on the collar of this top. It is so high quality and is my ideal work top honestly. I would pair this with my holy grail black slacks, a pair of jeans, or even these white jeans for teaching! You could definitely also tuck this into a skirt. You can also see a tiny glimpse of this cute scrunchie that was only 3 dollars!
Shop This Look
A moment for these shoes…
Y’all. If you grab one sandal for back to school let it be this SUPER AFFORDABLE pair. I’ve had the Steve Madden ones for 2 years and they’re totally falling apart (with minimal wear). I found these at Target the other day and they are a dupe, but BETTER! The strap goes around your heel, not your ankle so you don’t flop around in them. I’ll probably grab them in another color too! I can’t wait to toss my Steve Madden pair and I’m so glad that I found a replacement that’s more affordable!
Here’s a look at all of my favorite items from the sale! Just click the picture to be taken directly to the pieces you like!
Madewell Money Saving Tips!
Y’all. You can actually get some INSANE deals at Madewell if you know about these tips! You might have heard of a few, but if not, let me fill you in!
1. They offer 15% off for teachers and students in store and online ALL THE TIME. Even on top of sale prices! I usually shop when there’s a sale anyway, so that extra 15% always feels so good! Click here to verify your teacher or student status online. It saves to your account and will automatically apply to future orders!
2. Trade in unwanted jeans for $20 towards your next purchase. Sometimes, they give an even bigger amount to you! That’s right, each pair of jeans that don’t fit anymore in your closet are essentially a $20 giftcard to Madewell. Trade them in and get you a pair of Madewell denim that will last forever! I’ll never look back on Madewell jeans.
3. Sign up to be an insider (it’s free), for FREE shipping always! This is the best! You can even rank up to get free expedited shipping as well depending on how much money you spend annually there.
4. Watch for sales/Sign up for emails! Or, check my Instagram because I’ll always tell ya when there’s a good sale. One of my favorite parts about Madewell is they often put their sale items on a deeper sale, saving us even more money. Sometimes they’ll even do 40 or 50% off sale. If you see that, RUN don’t walk because things sell out quick. Don’t forget you get your teacher discount on top of this!
5. Use your birthday discount! I love a good birthday discount. Madewell gives you $25 off a purchase over $26 dollars. So, basically a $25 gift card. Make sure you include your birthday when you sign up to be an insider!
This was fun! Check out my Instagram for a video try on haul of these items, and keep up to date with future Madewell sales! They add more items too, so keep your eyes peeled!
Love you big!
RECENT BLOG POSTS: