For the last two weeks I have been working from our kitchen Island at a bar stool that’s too tall for the counter. My back was aching and I was CRAVING my own space to work! Working from home has been hard for me because I had no separation of spaces. My counter was my desk and my cooking space. It was right next to our living room and about 5 feet from the table where my husband works. When we got told we things might be this way until June, I knew I needed to figure something out! Today I’m bringing you my work from home workspace!
Yesterday I got desperate enough to go grab my college desk from my parents house. Honestly, I’m SO glad that I did! In just a few hours I transformed a corner of our guest room into my office. It feels SO GREAT to have a space to come and work.
The best part is I paid ZERO dollars to make this happen. I grabbed what I had around the house, and printed out a few pictures as well as some quotes from Pinterest.
I never expected to work from home for this long. It took about 2 weeks for it to sink in that I’ll likely be home teaching for the rest of the school year (SAD). It is so important to create a positive work environment even from home. Find a corner of your home to work in or even a specific seat at your kitchen table to make your designated work space if you haven’t already. It is also proven that a work space from home increases productivity, decreases distractions, and makes a positive impact on your creativity.
If you’ve been in a work from home funk, I promise a workspace you love will help!
Go create your own work from home space and tag me on Instagram! It doesn’t have to be fancy or new. There is so much beauty in using what you have to get inspired. There’s a reason you had it in the first place! Moving things around gives you fresh eyes and inspiration.
Here are links to everything on my little office corner!
Links are in the title of the item.
- My Desk– It’s pretty compact and only $100! I especially love it because it has a space for plugs and USBs in the back. I’ve had it for over 5 years and it’s still in perfect shape!
- Prints– The two floral quotes are free printables from Simplified.
- Quotes and inspiration pictures– from my Pinterest boards. Follow me here!
- Lamp– linked here! It’s only $10! Such a steal!
- Faux Eucalyptus stems are Hearth and Hand from Target
- Planner and notepad are from Simplified! Click here for $10 off your purchase!
- Bible is linked here in my amazon shop!
- Yeti coffee mug linked here! If you love coffee, you need one of these things. They make a great gift too!
Love you big!